Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry.
You can have Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry using 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry
- It’s of Chicken breast or thigh meat.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- Prepare of Onions.
- It’s of Butter.
- It’s of Garlic (finely chopped or thinly sliced).
- It’s of Soup stock granules.
- You need of Grated potato.
- You need of Grated apple.
- Prepare of or more Canned tomato (whole or diced).
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- Prepare of blocks Store-bought curry roux (mild-spicy or spicy).
- Prepare of Olive oil or vegetable oil.
- It’s of Yogurt.
- It’s of Honey or sugar.
- Prepare of or more Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
Healthy Chicken & Veggie Curry step by step
- Finely chop the onions and garlic. Mince the carrots in a food processor. Grate the apple and potato. Blend the canned tomatoes in the food processor..
- Put the finely chopped onions in a plastic container, add 1 tablespoon of butter, cover with a lid (or cling film), and microwave for 7-8 minutes..
- Pour the oil in a pot, sauté the garlic over low heat until fragrant. Add the onions from Step 2, and sauté until lightly browned. Add more oil, and fry the chicken and carrots..
- Add the water, canned tomatoes, grated vegetables and soup stock granules, and simmer for a while, skimming any scum from the surface..
- Lightly roast the curry powder in a frying pan over low heat. If you don't use any store-bought curry roux, add more curry powder..
- After simmering for 30-40 minutes, add the curry powder, and simmer for 10 minutes over low heat. Finally, add the roux, yogurt, Worcestershire-style sauce, and honey to adjust..
- You can fry the chicken before you sauté the onions (take the chicken out after frying, and set it aside). Yogurt is optional..
- If sautéing the onions is too much trouble for you, you can just lightly sauté them after microwaving. (Microwave for a little longer in this case.).
- You can grate the potato and apple directly into the pot as it simmers. You can slice the onions instead of finely chopping..
- You can use 2 cans of tomatoes, if you like. You don't have to use potato if you use store-bought curry roux..
- If you don't add the curry powder in Step 6, it will be a tomato soup.. Add more water and tomatoes to taste. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143374-healthy-chicken-tomato-soup.
- This is delicious with chicken drumettes..
- Turmeric Rice. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143375-turmeric-rice-for-curry.