Persian potato salad (Olivier salad). This Potato Salad is my favourite childhood recipe and it must be present on each New Year's Eve table. Funny enough, but I thought that this salad is. Persian Potato Salad, in Farsi known as Salad Olivier, is very common in Persian cuisine.
Salad olovieh is our version of the Russian salad also known as Olivier salad. For me Salad Olivieh will forever be associated with my birthday because that's when my grandma made it for me. Salad Olivieh is a Persian potato Salad studded with peas, dill pickles, eggs and chicken. You can have Persian potato salad (Olivier salad) using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Persian potato salad (Olivier salad)
- It’s 4 of large potatoes, cooked.
- Prepare 3 of eggs, hard boiled.
- It’s 1 of shredded cooked chicken breast or 2 cooked and chopped sausages.
- You need 1 cup of cooked green peas.
- It’s 200 g of pickled cucumbers.
- It’s of Dressing.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 cup of Greek yogurt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s of Salt- pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil.
It makes a wonderful appetizer or lunch. But even the Persian Salad Olivieh was influenced by another country, Russia and their Olivier Salad. Olivier salad (Russian: салат Оливье, salat Olivye) is a traditional salad dish in Russian cuisine, which is also popular in other post-Soviet countries, many European countries, Iran, Israel, Mongolia and also throughout Latin America. The best of both worlds (potato salad and chicken salad) come together in one dish.
Persian potato salad (Olivier salad) step by step
- First is first: place all ingredients for dressing in a bowl.
- And mix very well, set aside..
- Shred the chicken meat. Mash the eggs and potatoes. Dice the pickled cucumber. Then in bowl, add shredded chicken, mashed eggs and potatoes, dices cucumber and green peas..
- Now mix gently ingredients with dressing sauce very well.Check seasoning..
- Serve it with bread. Sooooooooo good..
In another pot, boil the potatoes and eggs. Crack the eggs, peel them, and cut into small pieces. Stream Salad Olivier: Persian POTATO SALAD by Rozina from desktop or your mobile device. Salad Olivier: Persian POTATO SALAD by Rozina is licensed under a Creative Commons License. This Olivier Salad (Russian Potato Salad) recipe is such a unique recipe.