Healthy chicken and bell pepper burrito. Every single ingredient in this healthy chicken burrito recipe, from the veggies to the spices, gives your body something Kick your brain health up a notch with this veggie and white meat filled chicken burrito. Feel free to add mushrooms, garlic, onions, zucchini, bell peppers, or tomatillos. This recipe is my own take on one of my favorite menu items from the Taco Bell Menu.
Add the garlic, onion, and green bell pepper, and cook five minutes, or until vegetables are tender and become aromatic. Next, add the cooked chicken breast. This colourful Chicken Burrito Bowl is packed with protein and a kick of Mexican spice. You can cook Healthy chicken and bell pepper burrito using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy chicken and bell pepper burrito
- It’s 2 of boneless chicken breast.
- It’s 2 of salsa fat free burrito wraps.
- It’s 2 cup of mixed bell peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed greens.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of white truffle oil.
- You need 4 tbsp of low fat Greek yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Italian herbs.
- It’s 3 tsp of garlic and salt powder.
- You need 2 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
Speed up the cooking process by using pre-cooked rice and chicken. Jazzed-up chicken creates the tasty filling for an easy-to-wrap burrito. Stir chicken mixture, beans, bell pepper, onions and cilantro into hot rice mixture. This chipotle-flavored burrito bowl recipe is even better than takeout and just as fast.
Healthy chicken and bell pepper burrito step by step
- Marinate the chicken. Add Greek yoghurt, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, Italian herbs, sea salt and mix well with your hands untill all the sides of the chicken are covered with the marinade sauce. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Finely chop mixed bell peppers, garlic clove and green veggies. I have used beans.
- Add olive oil and truffle oil and chopped garlic in a wok on medium heat.
- Add Italian herbs and everyday seasoning.
- Add bell peppers and green veggies and cook for 6-8 mins.
- Add chicken and 1/2 cup of water and mix well. Stir untill the water is soaked completely..
- Add chicken and veggies in the wrap.
- For a crispy burrito slightly toast the burrito in a medium heat pan for 1 min on each side.
Loading it with vegetables and using quinoa in place of rice adds nutrition for a healthy The chicken was so good even my husband liked it. Next time I will add roasted red onions and bell peppers. Mini bell peppers are the perfect size to fill with toppings, pick up with your fingers and eat as a full or meal or an appetizer. To get the peppers ready, just slice off the tops, cut in half and remove the seeds. For the protein, I mixed some ground chicken with my homemade taco seasoning.