Mexican Shredded Chicken.
You can cook Mexican Shredded Chicken using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Shredded Chicken
- You need of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- It’s of chilli powder.
- Prepare of cumin.
- Prepare of minced garlic.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare of your favorite beer.
- Prepare of juice and zest from one orange.
- It’s of juice and zest from 2 limes.
Mexican Shredded Chicken step by step
- Mix garlic and spices in a small bowl..
- Cover chicken in spice mixture and place in crock pot..
- Pour beer over chicken, squeeze in the orange and lime juice, put the zest of the orange and both limes in as well. (The zest gives the chicken a very citrus taste, zest only half the orange and lime if you want to dial it down a little.).
- Cover and let cook 6-8 hours on low.(4-6 hours on high).
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Put into a broiler pan, pour 1/3 cup of remaining juice over the shredded chicken and place under the broiler for 5 min, stir and repeat untill chicken gets a little crispy on the edges..
- Serve in your favorite mexican dish. Works well in tacos, burritos, and enchiladas..