Cabbage and Sausage. This Cabbage, Sausage and Potato Soup recipe is totally hearty and comforting, full of the best savory flavors, easy to make, and it's guaranteed to warm you right up! Chop/slice the sausage, cabbage, and onion. Remove sausage from skillet and drain on paper.
Add sausage and cook until browned. Turkey smoked sausage is great in this recipe! Wife was hinting that she would like sausage and cabbage soup (she told me to make it). You can cook Cabbage and Sausage using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cabbage and Sausage
- Prepare 1 head of Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 lb of Carrots-peeled.
- Prepare 2 small of White onions.
- Prepare 9 medium of Red potatoes-peeled opt..
- You need 2 packages of Eckrich smoked sausage-skinless opt..
- You need 2 cup of hot water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Salt-to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coarse pepper-to taste.
Cabbage and sausage is best served with corn bread with hot water. Take the head of cabbage and cut into quarters. Sometimes, I withdraw the outer layer of cabbage, if the edges turned brown. Sauteed Cabbage and Sausage – a fuss-free family weeknight meal that is super quick and easy to prepare and budget friendly.
Cabbage and Sausage instructions
- Peel some or all potatoes, then cut them into halves or quarters. Add to pot..
- Peel carrots, then remove tops and bottoms. If they are large and thick cut in half so they cook evenly. Add to pot..
- Slice cabbage up into thick or thin pieces…leave out the heart (white hard center). Put in pot..
- Cut onions into quarters and add to pot..
- Add salt and coarse pepper to taste.
- Cut up smoked sausage into bite sized pieces. Add to top of pot..
- Add 2 cups of hot water. This will help salt and pepper spread through everything. Put the lid on the pot..
- Cook on medium heat until you can hear the water boiling, then stir and reduce to med/low heat. Cook for about 30 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Keep lid on while cooking, only remove to stir..
Guaranteed to satisfy your soul and pocket! Cabbage and Sausage – Healthy One Pot Dinner. It's a great recipe for people on any diet because it keeps. I'm so used to German treatments of cabbage, I'm surprised at how good this stew is with the Italian sausage and Parmesan. I don't usually think of Parmesan and cabbage paired together..sausage, cabbage, butter and pepper — but after two and a half hours in the oven, it emerges Place cabbage in boiling water, cover, and let water come back to the boil.