TL's chicken slow cooker casserole. By Caroline Hire – Food writer. Treat the family to this wholesome chicken casserole that delivers comfort while being low-fat. And you can let a slow cooker do most of the work.
This Slow Cooker Chicken Casserole recipe is so quick to prepare. The stew is packed with vegetables and in a delicious creamy sauce with crispy Ingredients for the Slow Cooker Chicken Casserole. Chicken Thighs – These should be boneless and skinless. You can have TL's chicken slow cooker casserole using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of TL's chicken slow cooker casserole
- You need of cream of chicken soup.
- You need of cream of celery soup.
- You need of uncooked instant rice.
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of chopped celery.
- Prepare of green onions chopped.
- It’s of onion powder.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- You need of paprika.
- You need of garlic powder.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper.
- It’s of boneless chicken breasts.
Usually, I think to use my slow cooker in the winter, for a braise or stew or maybe some pulled pork. But I'm also finding it rather convenient in the summer as a way to avoid using the oven and heating up the kitchen. This chicken and rice casserole recipe is designed for a slow cooker. This recipe for slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole is a one-pot meal (yay!).
TL's chicken slow cooker casserole step by step
- Spray inside crock pot with non stick spray. Add soups, water, rice, chopped celery and onion..
- Mix spices together and rub on chicken breasts..
- Place chicken on top of rice mixture. Cook 6-8 hrs on low or 3-4 hrs on high. Stir occasionally..
To make this recipe, I cook the chicken with a big can of red enchilada sauce, all day in my slow cooker. Then when I get home, I shred the chicken, stir in corn tortillas strips, add some cheese and olives, stir. Chicken casserole is made to be a slow cooker recipe. Chicken becomes meltingly tender after a few hours gentle cooking. Bring the fabulous flavors of Mexico to your dinner table with this slow cooked chicken casserole that's made using Progresso® beans and Old El Paso® chiles and enchilada sauce.