Grandma's Cole Slaw.
You can have Grandma's Cole Slaw using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Cole Slaw
- It’s 2 head of cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of chopped red pepper.
- You need of grated onion.
- You need 1 of green olives (garnish).
Grandma's Cole Slaw step by step
- Cut cabbage into quarters..
- Take the quartered cabbage and shred it using a grater..
- Put shredded cabbage into a mixing bowl with chopped pepper..
- In a measuring cup, add 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1/4 cup of sugar. Mix together well then taste it..
- Pour vinegar and sugar mixture onto cabbage. Mix together. Repeat step 4..
- Grate some onion to taste..
- Mix in 2 1/2 tablespoons of mayonnaise with the cabbage..
- (Optional) Add black pepper to taste and halved green olives for garnish..
- Let refrigerate over night..