Red curry fish. The secret for a GREAT Red Thai fish curry is, of course. Everyday Food Made To Taste Great. It's All Right Here On Greg's Kitchen! l hope you enjoy my recipe for Thai Red Fish Curry :).
Fish such as haddock and whiting are affordable and can all be used here, so try them instead of cod. Try our quick fish curry recipe with Thai red curry paste. Light coconut milk works well in this fish stew, and prepared Thai red curry paste, found in most supermarkets, makes it a snap to put together. You can cook Red curry fish using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red curry fish
- Prepare 1 of thumb-sized knob of ginger, minced.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of shallot, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of carrot, sliced thinly.
- You need 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 2 of fillets haddock, cod or basa, cut into 2 inch chunks.
- It’s 1 of eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch thick half-moons.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- You need of Cilantro for garnish.
Cambodian Steamed Curried Fish in Counts Banana Leaf. Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the curry paste. Forget ordering takeaway and make your own Thai red curry at home. Add in the fish pieces and salt.
Red curry fish step by step
- Add a good splash of peanut oil to a pan on medium-high heat. Add the ginger, garlic and shallot and fry 2 to 3 minutes until fragrant..
- Stir in the curry paste and continue frying another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add the fish sauce. Continue cooking for a minute, then add the coconut milk and carrots..
- Simmer until the sauce reduces a bit (about 5 minutes), then add the maple syrup. Carefully lay in the fish and add the eggplant. Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes until the fish is cooked and the eggplant is soft but not mushy. Carefully turn the fish over about halfway through..
- Cut the lime into quarters. Squeeze one quarter over the fish and sauce. Cut the remaining quarters into wedges. Serve the curry over rice with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro and a lime wedge..
Add in tamarind water and some more water. Now remove the lid and some curry leaves on top. This vibrant and spicy curry by The Petite Cook is a fantastic light option for a Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce, and add in the lemongrass. Rau Ram livens up Red Curry Fish Stew. This Asian herb is similar in flavor to cilantro that has bolted.