Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes. Reviews for: Photos of Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage. Pressure Cooker Jewish Style Sweet and Sour CabbageThis Old Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage SoupSimple Nourished Living. balsamic vinegar, chopped onion, low sodium chicken broth, freshly ground black. And to stand in for the sweet and sour flavours of the mint sauce, we braised red cabbage right under the lamb.
This Sweet and Sour Cabbage is a delicious crunchy stir fry made with a sauce that is similar to the sweet and sour sauce you get from Chinese takeout Top with garnish: a drizzle of sweet and sour sauce and sliced scallions, toasted sesame seeds, and/or red pepper flakes. Stir in cabbage, beef broth, and remaining ingredients; heat to boiling over high heat. Stur in the cabbage and apple. You can have Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes
- Prepare of ————cabbage——————–.
- It’s 1 head of red cabbage.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of ——-lamb with grapes—————–.
- You need 2 pounds of lamb steaks.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of seedless grapes, I used sable table grapes, the grape colored ones.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grape juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh rosemary.
- You need 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of wine, I used a Chardonnay by Woodbridge.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
How to make Sweet And Sour Red Cabbage. Layer up the cabbage, apples and onions with the sugar, vinegar and spices. Season as you go with salt and pepper. Blend cornstarch and water together and add to cabbage mixture.
Red sweet and sour cabbage with lamb and grapes step by step
- Heat a pan add butter. when melted salt and pepper the lamb. Add to pan..
- Let simmer 3 minute on first side..
- Turn add garlic and rosemary. simmer 5 minutes..
- Remove the lamb from pan. cut grapes in half add the grapes, grape juice, and chardonnay. simmer 10 minutes add honey stir well. add the lamb and simmer 5 minutes. let rest..
- For the cabbage heat the vinegar, and honey. heat till starts to simmer..
- While that is going on shred the cabbage into thin slivers..
- When the liquids start to simmer add cabbage stirring often till all is coated. add salt..
- Simmer covered 20 minutes tossing the cabbage often. Let it remain covered for 10 minutes. Serve with lamb and grape sauce. hope you enjoy!.
- The garnish came from our backyard and are wild grapes very strong in flavor!.
Cook until slightly thickened and then remove bay leaf. Dissolve cornstarch in water; add remaining ingredients; cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. German Style Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage. This is a family heirloom recipe from my German Grandmother Agusta. Ditch the lettuce at your next dinner.