Beef Kebabs with Sautéed Red Cabbage and Rice with Fresh Thyme.
You can have Beef Kebabs with Sautéed Red Cabbage and Rice with Fresh Thyme using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Kebabs with Sautéed Red Cabbage and Rice with Fresh Thyme
- It’s of Beef Kebabs.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sausage Seasoning.
- It’s 6 each of 8 inch wood skewers.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil, divided.
- You need of Rice with Thyme.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 3/4 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 2 each of thyme sprig.
- Prepare 1 of Salt, to taste.
- It’s 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of Sautéed Red Cabbage.
- It’s 1 small of onion, sliced thinly.
- It’s 1/2 small of red cabbage, washed and sliced thinly.
- It’s 4 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of raw sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of rosemary sea salt.
Beef Kebabs with Sautéed Red Cabbage and Rice with Fresh Thyme step by step
- Thoroughly mix the ground beef and sausage seasoning preferably from Southern Links BBQ. Divide into six equal portions and shape each into a 6-inch long cylinder, then run a skewer through the center of each from end to end..
- Combine water, rice, and thyme in a small saucepot with a lid, and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Place over medium-high heat, and cook uncovered. Bring to a boil, and continue to cook for about 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to very low and stir briefly, taking care to move rice from the bottom of the pan. Cover, continuing to cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand while covered for at least five minutes..
- While rice is cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Brown the kebabs on all sides to cook through. Remove kebabs from the pan, reduce heat to medium, then add remaining tablespoon of cooking oil and the onion..
- Cook until the onion starts to become translucent, 2-3 minutes. Add the cabbage, and continue to cook while stirring for another 2-3 minutes. Add the vinegar, sugar, and sea salt. Cover and continue to cook until tender, about five minutes..
- Remove the thyme sprigs from the rice (any leaves that have fallen off can remain), add the butter and mix in while fluffing with a fork. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve and enjoy!.