BLaM-O! Pressure Cooked Chicken & Dumplings.
You can have BLaM-O! Pressure Cooked Chicken & Dumplings using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BLaM-O! Pressure Cooked Chicken & Dumplings
- You need of Chicken Soup.
- It’s of chicken breast (4 to 5 large skinless/fat free chicken breast) cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Prepare of White Onion, diced into small pieces.
- You need of Celery Stalks, both ends trimmed, diced into small pieces.
- Prepare of Half Anaheim pepper, (slowly roasted, skin peeled, seeds removed), diced into small pieces.
- You need of of fresh garlic, minced (1 to 2 Cloves).
- Prepare of box of Swanson 100% natural 99% fat free Chicken Broth.
- It’s of can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken with Herbs.
- It’s of can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken & Mushroom.
- Prepare of of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare of of Rubbed Sage, crushed.
- You need of of Basil Leaves, crushed.
- Prepare of of Thyme Leaves, crushed.
- It’s of of Rosemary Leaves, crushed.
- You need of of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare of Fresh Ground Peppercorn Medley.
- Prepare of Fresh Ground Garlic Sea Salt.
- You need of Dumplings.
- It’s of Bisquick mix, regular.
- It’s of Whole Milk.
- It’s of of Ground Parsley.
- Prepare of of Ground Garlic.
BLaM-O! Pressure Cooked Chicken & Dumplings step by step
- Prep Time: 1 to 2 hours depending on your experience/ingredients. Cook Time: 27 minutes including the dumplings. There are two main sequences to this meal. One for the Chicken Soup and one for the Dumplings. * NOTE: If you do not have access to a Pressure Cooker, you may substitute for a 6 quart Crock Pot – and increase the cooking time to approximately 6 hours on high. If using frozen chicken breast increase cooking time to approximately 8 hours for crock pot and 25 minutes for high pressure cooker..
- Add all the "Chicken Soup" ingredients to a 6 quart Pressure Cooker and give it a few good stirs. * NOTE: do Not add any water, the 32 ounces of broth will be substituting the water..
- I used an Electric Pressure Cooker. Set the Heat to High Pressure and Timing to 17 Minutes. You will need to lock the lid and set it up for High Pressure following your Pressure Cooker's Safety Guidelines. It should take about 2 minutes to pressurize leaving you a full 15 minutes to cook under High Pressure..
- When finished cooking, slowly release the pressure using the Quick Release function following your pressure cooker's safety measures. This sequence is now finished. * NOTE: now is a perfect time for a taste test to modify your seasonings if needed. Also check the tenderness of the chicken if you were using frozen chicken. An additional 3 to 5 minutes of high pressure cooking may be necessary..
- Switch the pressure cooker to "Steam" Mode or "High" Heat. Leave the lid on but allow the pressure to escape through the "Steam Vents", as we do Not want to allow the pressure to build up. * NOTE: Cooking dough under high pressure will cause the biscuits to "Foam" and clog the vents, an obvious safety concern..
- Now for the second and final part, the Dumplings. First Mix all the Dry Ingredients in a medium glass bowl. After the dry ingredients are mixed in, add the Whole Milk while folding/stirring with a large metal spoon until thoroughly mixed. * NOTE: you may substitute by simply using your favorite brand of canned biscuits..
- By now the fragrant chicken soup should be boiling or very close to a low boil. If not double check your settings as it needs to be boiling hot to cook the dough properly, otherwise it will come out uncooked in the center. Carefully "Drop" large sized balls of the dough into the Pressure Cooker and cover with the lid. Again allowing the steam to safely escape. Cook for 10 minutes on High Heat with the lid on. After 10 minutes your meal is ready to serve. Enjoy..