My Lovely Braising Steak in Gravy 😉.
You can have My Lovely Braising Steak in Gravy 😉 using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Lovely Braising Steak in Gravy 😉
- You need 600 grams of flank or Braising Steak cut into large chunks.
- It’s 2 of small onions chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of crushed garlic.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 liter of boiling water.
- Prepare 3 of beef cubes or bouillons.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree or paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Corn starch or corn flour.
- It’s 1 of little cold water to mix the cornflour.
My Lovely Braising Steak in Gravy 😉 instructions
- Cut Braising Steak into large chunks.
- Fry all over for 2 mins, until there is no red colour left.
- Add the steak to a greased ovenproof dish..
- In the same fry pan add chopped onions, and fry until opaque in colour.
- Then add the garlic fry for 1 minute.
- Add a quarter cup of red wine, let it fry bubbly for 2 mins.
- Add 1 litre of boiling water and bring to the boil.
- Then add your beef cubes or bouillons, stir in and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree and stir in.
- Then add black pepper stir.
- Now transfer all the gravy into the ovenproof dish with the steak and stir in.
- Put the dish in a preheated oven 180°C/gas 7 for 45 mins then stir and cook again for a further 45 mins on 160°C / gas 5, braising slowly for the time..
- Then add the corn flour or corn starch to a little water. Stir to a paste then add to the braising steak and stir it and it will be a lot thicker. Then put back in the oven for 15 mins..
- Serve with crispy chips or mash potato and veg..