Butternut squash soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. This butternut squash soup has a secret ingredient—a tart green apple. It adds just the right balance for the squash. You can have Butternut squash soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- Prepare of butternut squash.
- It’s of red bell pepper.
- Prepare of yellow onion.
- Prepare of garlic cloves.
- You need of 32oz box of chicken stock or broth.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of of red pepper flake (optional).
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
Ready in an hour and freezes well. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! When this time of year rolls around I've always got a few butternut squashes sitting on the counter to cook with so I'm often looking for new things to add them too. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe.
Butternut squash soup instructions
- Get your veggies and give a rough chop and cube..
- Drizzle with olive oil salt and pepper and red pepper flakes and roast in 400 oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Once roasted put all veggies in pot with chicken stock and bring to boil. Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste..
- After a half hour. Use a hand blender or can be put in reg blender. Once soupy consistency, kinda looks like baby food. Cook for another half hour on a simmer..
- Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and enjoy.
But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. Here's what gets me excited about butternut squash soup: My favorite seasonal ingredients join forces to create a sunny bowl of cozy, comforting soup that warms me through and through. Top your butternut squash soup with bacon, mix it with spices, or add it into chili. Bonus: the veg is packed with Vitamin A and fiber, so you'll actually feel full after a bowl of one of these soups. Warm up with our butternut squash soup ideas, perfect for autumn and winter.