Mike's Habanero Chili.
You can cook Mike's Habanero Chili using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Habanero Chili
- It’s 1.5 lbs of Ground Beef.
- It’s 1 tbs of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 of med Yellow Onion, diced.
- You need 5-6 cloves of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 of large Green Bell Pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of large Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1-2 stalks of Celery, chopped.
- It’s 2 of Habaneros, diced (reduce to 1 if you are sensitive to extreme heat).
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 2 (14.5 oz) of cans Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (juice included).
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can Pinto Beans (not drained).
- It’s 2 tbs of Chili Powder.
- You need 1 tbs of *Spiceologist Smokey Habanero Rub (www.spiceologist.com).
- Prepare 3 tsp of Oregano (Mexican Oregano Preferred but not necessary).
- You need 3 tsp of Cumin.
- You need 2 tsp of Sea Salt (adjust to taste).
- You need 2 tsp of Paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Bacon (crumbled for topping).
- It’s of Shredded Sharp Cheddar (for topping).
Mike's Habanero Chili instructions
- Add Olive Oil to skillet on medium heat. Add chopped Onion and Garlic and saute for 4-5 mins (until onions are translucent and the garlic starts to brown)..
- Add the Ground Beef and brown. Drain fat..
- In a Crock Pot, add all ingredients, including Ground Beef Mixture..
- Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours (*do not cook on high…it will burn on the bottom).
- Serve with Crumbled Bacon and Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese (optional) or over your favorite pasta..