Sausage and sauerkraut casserole. Add sauerkraut and brown sugar to bacon mixture. This easy recipe for German sausage and sauerkraut produces a simple one-dish meal with wonderful flavors, perfect for warming a cold winter night. You can use kielbasa, knackwurst, or bratwurst in this hearty casserole recipe that's perfect for a cold winter night.
One bite of this hearty sausage casserole recipe–full of sauerkraut, apples and kielbasa–and you'll be transported to a tiny pub in the Alsace region of northern France. Serve with extra mustard if you like.. Sauerkraut Potato Casserole Recipes on Yummly You can cook Sausage and sauerkraut casserole using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage and sauerkraut casserole
- It’s of kielbasa sausage.
- You need of sauerkraut.
- You need of mixed vegetables.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Garlic.
- It’s of All purpose seasoning salt.
- You need of Ketchup.
- Prepare of Mayo.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of butter.
- Prepare of cheese.
- Prepare of Season to taste !!!.
- Prepare of potatoes mashed.
Savory Sweet Potato Casserole with Parmesan CrumbleYummly. Share: Rate this Recipe Healthy low-carb, keto and paleo recipes plus free guides and diet plans to help you achieve your goals on the ketogenic diet. The Hairy Bikers' sausage casserole is like a big hug on a cold winter's day! Warming and filling, it's the ultimate comfort food.
Sausage and sauerkraut casserole instructions
- Boil potatoes till soft. In the mean time cut up sausage in slices and sauté it with 2 tbs olive oil & season with (salt, pepper, garlic, all purpose). Also heat up frozen veggies in a separate pot.
- Mash potatoes with ketchup, mayo, butter, (pepper & garlic, & sour cream..
- Mix sauerkraut and sausage together.
- Butter lightly a baking dish and layer in order: – sausage & sauerkraut – veggies – mash potatoes – top with cheese.
- Broil till cheese is browning..
- All done, enjoy !.
The Hairy Bikers' take on sausage casserole makes a wonderfully warming and filling dish, and it freezes brilliantly. A fuss-free recipe, this is a cheap family meal option that. Mix it all up and press lightly into a level layer. Now lay the sausage over the top in patterns. Combine sauerkraut, sausage, dressing and parsley.