Roasted butternut squash soup.
You can have Roasted butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted butternut squash soup
- You need of butternut squash-cubed.
- Prepare of white onion-chopped into large wedges.
- It’s of celery-roughly chopped.
- You need of garlic.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- It’s of chicken broth.
- It’s of olive oil or extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- You need of rosemary.
- It’s of sour cream to top.
Roasted butternut squash soup instructions
- Preheat oven to 450..
- Place squash, onion, celery, and garlic on sheet pan. Sprinkle with EVOO & salt. Place 3-4 sprigs of rosemary among vegetables and roast in oven for 25-35 min until golden brown..
- Place roasted veggies (remove rosemary) into large pot and cover with chicken broth until stew like consistency with a little extra liquid. Simmer on stove top for several minutes until veggies flavor broth..
- Turn stove top off. Spoon contents into a blender. Starting on low, then increasing some, blend until creamy. (*mixture will be hot, allow steam to escape).
- On low setting, continue to blend while adding cream..
- Once mixture is lightened and creamy, return to pot and heat through. Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream. Serve..
- I added a little garlic salt and onion powder to taste..