Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Noodle Soup.
You can have Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Noodle Soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Noodle Soup
- You need of Whole boneless chicken breasts.
- You need of Skinned baby carrots, chopped.
- It’s of Celery chopped.
- You need of Onion cut in half, use one half of onion.
- It’s of Garlic, smashed..
- Prepare of Dried bay leaf.
- Prepare of Iodized salt.
- You need of Ground pepper.
- You need of 14 0z cans of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- You need of Or bag of egg noodles ( I used Pennsylvania Dutch egg noodles ).
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Noodle Soup step by step
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place the chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, bay leaves, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 2 cans of chicken broth, two cups of water, and tbsp of vegetable oil. Cook covered, until the chicken is cooked through, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours (the low setting will make total cooking time 8 ½ hours)..
- Twenty minutes before serving, transfer the chicken to a bowl. Remove and discard the onion and bay leaves. If the slow cooker is on the low setting, turn it to high..
- Add the egg noodles to the slow cooker, cover, and cook until tender, 15 to 18 minutes. Meanwhile, shred the chicken. When the egg noodles are cooked, stir the chicken into the soup, and serve..