Barbecue Chicken Parcels.
You can have Barbecue Chicken Parcels using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Barbecue Chicken Parcels
- You need 1 cup of boneless chicken – diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ginger- Garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of Barbecue Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded cabbage.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated/thinly chopped carrots.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need of Flour Slurry (2 tbsp flour mixed with 1 tbsp water).
- Prepare 4-5 of Filo pastry sheets/ spring roll sheets/ Samosa sheets.
Barbecue Chicken Parcels instructions
- In a pan, heat oil and add in the onions to fry, add in the chicken pieces and state till it changes it's colour. Once the colour changes add in ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, chilli flakes and salt, Saute it for 3-4 mins..
- Add in 1/2 cup of water and cover and cook until the chicken is cooked properly and the water evaporates. Once the chicken is cooked properly add in the barbecue sauce and mix. Turn off the heat and keep it aside to cool..
- In a bowl mix carrots, cabbage, black pepper powder and mayonnaise and keep it aside..
- To assemble the parcels, roll out the dough and cut a rectangle from it first, or if you're using sheets just cul them into rectangles and then divide the rectangle lengthwise into two..
- Now take the two rectangle strips and overlap them in a + formation. in the center where the two sheets are overlapped add in your barbecue mix, on top of it layer your mayonnaise salad, Fold in from one side..
- Add flour slurry to the other sides and fold them in, pressing gently on the sides to ensure they stick properly. Follow the same process and make all the patties..
- Heat Oil in a wok and fry them on high heat or bake them on 180° C for 20 minutes till they are golden brown..
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram if you try this recipe!.