Roasted Butternut Squash Soup.
You can have Roasted Butternut Squash Soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Prepare 2 kg of Butter squash, peeled and de-seeded.
- It’s 250 g of onion.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic.
- You need 10 of back rashes of bacon in small pieces.
- Prepare of Vegetable stock.
- You need to taste of Salt and black pepper.
- You need of Cooking cream or thick natural yoghurt as required.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Here are the ingredients.
- Cut the squash into thick pieces, place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes in a hot oven until the flesh is soft and golden brown.
- Sweat the onions and garlic in the oil without colouring for 5 minutes.
- Add the bacon and cook it till brown.
- Add the roasted squash, pour in the stock and bring to boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before blending. Blend it till smooth, reheat over a low medium heat, season lightly, add the cooking cream.
- Serve it while hot as an appetizer.