Taco pizza. This Taco Pizza is Mexican meets Italian. Pizza dough topped with beans, salsa, beef, cheese, and all the toppings. Taco Pizza Recipe. posted by Christy Denney
This taco pizza is topped with refried beans, cheese, romaine, crumbled tortilla chips, and of Are you a taco pizza fan? If your family enjoys tacos, then why not top a pizza with the same delicious combination? featured in Non-Pizza Pizza. Taco Pizza Recipe Video (scroll down for printable recipe). You can cook Taco pizza using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Taco pizza
- You need 2 of tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls.
- You need 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1 cup (8 oz) of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 packet of taco seasoning mix.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, chopped (I used 3-4 Roma tomatoes, can use cherry tomatoes cut in half.).
- Prepare 2 cups of Mexican cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
Tacos and pizza are probably the best-selling food in the US by now. I would wager that they may even beat out burgers. You can't go wrong when you combine two all-time favorites. Traditional taco ingredients are spread over prepared pizza crust and baked to perfection.
Taco pizza step by step
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and layout on the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Don’t worry about it being perfect; you just don’t want any big gaps..
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cool Completely..
- Beat together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until it’s easy to spread. Set aside in Refrigerator.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain any grease. Stir in the taco seasoning and water (according to the package directions on the taco seasoning packet.) (I did this 1st then let the meat sit in the Refrigerator to cool down).
- Pull the cream cheese mixture out of the Fridge and Spread over crescent roll after it has cooled completely,and sprinkle evenly with the ground beef.(I used my hands to put the meat on, started with a spoon and it was just easier with my hands if you don’t mind the mess.).
- You won’t completely cover the cream cheese layer with the ground beef; there’s plenty of other toppings so don’t worry.(I had enough) Next, sprinkle with the lettuce and tomatoes, then the cheese.
- Notes- If you plan to make Taco Pizza the night before, I recommend waiting until just before serving before adding the lettuce, tomato, and cheese to prevent any sogginess. If taking to a party or cook out, wait and dress it right before serving it. (the cream cheese mixture can be put on and wrapped up, it only takes about 5 mins to top it with everything.) I made this for dinner, and Served it right away..
- Hot sauce added.
This mexican pizza or taco pizza, is one of the very few things my mom has ME make for HER. I will be sharing a lot more of my favorite Indian/Mexican recipes but this one is one of my all time favorites. You may be able to find more information. Today's taco pizza recipe is one that I made for the Super Bowl. I got my inspiration from a recipe I saw at Jolene's Culinary Adventures.