Pozole. Pozole, AKA posole or pozolé, is a traditional Mexican soup. Because making it is labor-intensive It's rare to find somebody who's tried pozole who doesn't like it. Pozole comes from the Nahuatl word.
Pozole is a super easy and amazingly tasty stew made with pork, dried chiles, and hominy. This recipe for the traditional Mexican stew is a pozole rojo and features red chile peppers. Chicken Pozole – This soup is hearty, healthy, loaded with fresh goodness and full of exciting flavors. You can cook Pozole using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pozole
- It’s 3 lb of Boneless Chicken.
- It’s 1 can of Large La Victoria Red Chile Sauce (not enchildada sauce).
- Prepare 2 can of Large can of Homeny.
- It’s 6 large of Limes.
- It’s 1 head of Cabbage.
- You need 1 bunch of Radish.
- It’s 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- You need 1 large of Pot.
It's very similar to chicken tortilla soup but with added cabbage and hominy. Pozole is a special occasion dish in Mexico, especially in Guerrero State. Restaurants called pozolerías specialize in it. This hominy-studded stew is well known as a cure for hangovers and is often eaten in.
- Fill large pan with 8 cups of water. Bring to boil. Add chicken cut into cubes. Add 3 tablespoons of powdered chicken bullion, garlic salt, granulated garlic, pepper and season salt. Boil for 15 minutes..
- Add both cans of hominy. Cook at medium high heat for 20 minutes..
- Add large can of La Victoria Chile Sauce to hominy and chicken. Squeeze half of large lime into pot also. Cook for 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile chop cilantro, cabbage and radishes and separate into small bowls. Cut limes into fours and place in bowl..
- Turn off Pozole and serve with a little bit of cilantro, radish, cabbage and a quarter of a lime. Serve and enjoy Mi Abuela's Pozole!.
Pozole Rojo is typically served with pork and relies on a longer simmer in a red sauce made from Pozole Verde uses tomatillos as the base and when loading it up with chicken you can be seated for. Red Pork Pozole soup is my favorite Mexican dish hands down. It's simple, earthy, rich and satisfying. Pozole is pork or chicken – this recipe calls for pork. A simple easy recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Pozole that can also be made on the stove top.