Thai butternut squash soup. Light and creamy, vegan butternut squash soup recipe. This simple butternut bisque is seasoned with Thai red curry paste and swirled with coconut milk. This soup is a blend of origins, too.
The Sriracha, peanuts, scallions and cilantro garnishes are not obligatory, but I love the vibrant flavors and textures — and they look pretty, too. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines. You can cook Thai butternut squash soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai butternut squash soup
- It’s 2 of + tsp salt to taste.
- It’s 2 of + tsp chili pepper flakes to taste.
- Prepare 2-3 tbs. of minced garlic.
- It’s 2-3 tbs. of garlic chili paste.
- Prepare 2 (15 oz) of packages cubed/frozen Butternut Squash.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of olive or coconut oil.
- It’s 3 of shallots, chopped.
- You need 5 of scallions, chopped.
- It’s 1 (32 oz.) of Container Vegetable broth.
- It’s of I can light coconut milk.
This soup is SUPER easy to make and I even have a slow cooker option for you available in the note section. It's great if you're trying I found the recipe Healing Thai Butternut Squash Lentil Soup because I was looking for something to do with the Coconut Milk my supermarket. Thai Butternut Squash Soup, yes yes and yes! This is such a delicious way to use up butternut squash and it will leave you craving more!
Thai butternut squash soup step by step
- In Dutch oven add olive oil, shallots, green onions (reserve one for garnish), garlic. Sauté about 8 minutes until tender. Add two pkgs of butternut squash and sauté additional 10 minutes with lid on..
- Remove lid, stir. Add chili flakes, salt, seasonings. Sauté about 5 minutes. Add broth. Stir until combined. Simmer 15 min until squash is completely tender..
- Remove from heat. Using a hand blender, purée the soup very carefully in the pot. If you do not have a hand blender, use a vitamix style blender ladeling the hot soup into blender at 50% capacity of blender size. Then pouring back into a warming pot once blended. (I highly recommend owning a hand blender to purée soups)..
- Once soup is puréed, open coconut milk and carefully pour into a small mixing bowl. Wisk until blended. Pour 3/4 of the total can of coconut milk into the soup, lightly stirring to blend, reserving remaining 1/4 of the coconut milk as a swirled garnish for each bowl. I also garnished with chopped green onion and extra chili flakes. Or you could use chives, cilantro or lemongrass..
Thai butternut squash soup is the correlation of delicious, seasonal butternut squash, along with the amazing flavors of fresh ginger, Thai curry paste and coconut milk. This is will be your new favorite fall and winter soup. My eyes immediately landed on the thai butternut soup and I was sold. And it was like ten freaking dollars. A smooth & dreamy Thai Butternut Squash Soup, with a kick of Thai heat, coconut cream & fragrant cilantro.