Italian style meatloaf. The Italian style versus the American Meatloaf! I do tweak it one tiny bit. This is now my official meatloaf recipe.
An old school classic done my way! U can also use this recipe with ground Turkey or u can add ground pork or veal! Italian-style meatloaf is a spin on the classic dish with Italian seasonings, sweet marinara sauce This twist on the classic meatloaf is a great main dish that can stretch well with accompaniment of. You can have Italian style meatloaf using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian style meatloaf
- Prepare of meat.
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground beef, lower fat is better.
- It’s of veggies.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 each of bell peppers.
- It’s 1 each of fresh basil, about a handful.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic.
- Prepare of other.
- You need 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- You need 4 of grinds black pepper.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Bread crumbs or rolled oats.
- It’s of topping.
- You need 3 cup of tomato sauce.
Paul's Italian-Style Meatloaf. by Outta Here. Polpettone is an Italian-style meatloaf with flavors that will put it on par with the beef-based, tomato We make our meatloaf with ground chicken or turkey instead of the ground beef, veal, or pork used in. Meatloaf is one of those foods that either people love it or they hate it – there doesn't seem to be much middle ground. My family especially enjoyed this Italian-Style Meatloaf.
Italian style meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put all your meat into a large bowl.
- Chop your onion, I happen to use green onions this time because that's what I had this time, but usually I use regular yellow onion.
- Chiffonade (cut in strips across the width) your fresh basil.
- Dice your garlic cloves.
- Dice your bell peppers, I had baby ones so I used more since they were small..
- Break your eggs into a small bowl and scramble them. Add to meat bowl..
- Add all the rest of the ingredients to the meat bowl.
- Mix well, I just use my hands..
- Form a loaf, this is on a 9 X 12 roasting pan..
- If you desire, about 10-15 minutes before finished, spread the tomato sauce on top to allow it to cook in. I am not a big fan of doing this, so I don't..
- Cook for 60-70 minutes, an internal temp of 160°F..
- Let rest about 5-10 minutes before cutting..
- This time I served with corn, Pablo pepper rice..
This is my Mother-In-laws Italian Meatloaf Recipe, and it is great hot or cold! You can vary this recipe by using various different ingredients you have on hand as long as you. Italian Style Meatloaf – Polpettone is comfort food all the way. With Italian flavors like pancetta, basil, Parmesan , this meatloaf tastes like the best giant meatball bathed in delicious marinara sauce. Italian-style meatloaves are often stuffed with whole hard-boiled eggs, or wrapped in slices of ham or pancetta.