Kale and grain salad. Any variety of kale will do, and feel free to sub cooked farro, wild rice, or quinoa for the wheat berries. I made this salad to have for lunch. It made enough for two people to eat for three days.
This whole-grain and hearty-green salad is such a welcome update on the tossed garden salad. It's a satisfying mix of chewy farro, crunchy kale, and smooth, creamy feta. Unlike a lot of more tender salad greens and pastas, the kale and the grain stand up to dressing and can be tossed a few days ahead. You can have Kale and grain salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kale and grain salad
- You need 1/2 cup of black rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of quinoa.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lentils.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 head of kale, torn into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced and deseeded.
- It’s 1 of cucumber, diced.
- It’s 1 of red onion, diced.
- Prepare 4 oz of goat cheese, crumbled.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chia seeds.
- It’s 1 of balsamic vinaigrette.
Star Ingredients in this Whole Grain Salad. The kale provides the dark leafy greens we're told to eat daily. By massaging it with a little salt and lemon juice before adding it to this salad, we make it tastier and more tender. But if you really don't want to have anything to do with kale, sub in your favorite dark.
Kale and grain salad instructions
- Cook rice, lentils, and quinoa according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and press the excess water from it. Season with salt and pepper and chill 2 hours..
- Toss vegetables..
- For each serving, place vegetables on a plate, 1/4 cup grain mixture, a tablespoon of goat cheese, and a tablespoon of chia seeds..
- Drizzle with dressing. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350252-balsamic-vinaigrette.
Learn how to make Kale and whole grain salad & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Here is a complete meal in a bowl that's a perfect hearty grain salad for take-to-work lunches or a quick, no-cook last-minute dinner—that is if you've pre-cooked the barley and have the kale prepped. This easy kale salad comes together with dried cranberries, pine nuts, Parmesan, and a balsamic vinaigrette. No need to massage this make-ahead salad—the kale becomes tender as it rests before serving. Some things take convincing, even when they are terribly.