Roast Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup.
You can cook Roast Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roast Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup
- It’s 1 of large butternut squash.
- Prepare 3 stalks of rosemary.
- Prepare 2 of celery ribs sliced.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves peeled.
- You need As needed of Olive oil.
- You need To taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 200 gm of red lentils.
- Prepare 750 ml of vegetable stock.
Roast Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup step by step
- Peel and de seed the squash then cut into small chunks. Add the squash to a deep baking tray, then also add the sliced celery, whole garlic cloves and rosemary..
- Drizzle with a good glug of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Stir to coat all the veg in oil, the. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 190 C – or until the veg is soft and starting to caramelise on the edges..
- Cook the lentils in boiling water for 20 minutes until tender then drain..
- Add the lentils and roasted veg to a saucepan (remove the woody stalks of rosemary) and simmer on the hob for ten minutes with 750 ml vegetable stock. Allow to cool slightly before blending. Add more water if you want to thin the soup a little, then season to taste with salt and pepper..