Vegan chowmien. SO, this Vegan Chow Mein: It's amazing! Traditional Chow Mein has a lot more oil in it than this recipe but I'm really trying to cut back on unnecessary oil consumption these days. Today I'm sharing all my tips and tricks on how to make Chow Mein.
Here is a quick and simple vegan chow mein recipe to give you some inspiration of your. Watch this video and learn how to make Veg Chowmien by none other than Master Chef Shipra Khanna. Chef : Shipra Khanna Director : Satya Prakash Singh (Raaj). Vegan, Gluten-free adaptable. You can cook Vegan chowmien using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan chowmien
- It’s 250 gms of noodles.
- Prepare 2 of onions (cut into julienne).
- Prepare 1 of Capsicum (red green and yellow).
- You need 1 of carrot(thinly cut).
- You need few of Mushrooms.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cabbage(shredded).
- It’s few of Garlic(chopped).
- You need 3 of green chillies (chopped And add some water).
- It’s 1/2 spoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 spoon of oreganos.
- Prepare 1/2 spoon of vinegar.
- It’s 2 spoons of – soya sauce.
- It’s 1 spoon of chilli sauce.
- It’s 1/2 spoon of tomato sauce.
- It’s as per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 4-5 spoons of oil.
Over the years I've gotten plenty of readers' requests In this version, I used the homemade vegetarian oyster sauce which gives the chow mein. Ok lets talk vegan chow mein noodles! My favourite noodles for this Vegetable Chow Mein are Spaghettini or spaghetti, followed by dried Chow Mein noodles (no egg). Homemade vegetable chow mein that's better than takeout and almost as easy!
Vegan chowmien step by step
- Put the noodles in warm water to boil. Drain and set it aside by adding a few drops of oil to avoid it to stick.
- In a pan add 4-5 spoons of oil and let it heat.Once it is done add garlic,chillies and vegetables to saute..
- Add the noodles,all the spices,pour the sauces to the veggies and mix it well..
- Toss it and let it hangout for a bit so that Noodles absorb the spices well..
- Serve and enjoy..
With crispy noodles, stir-fried veggies and savory sauce, there's lots to love about this vegan. The most important thing with vegan chow mein is the sauce – the vegetables (or meat) is down to the individual. It's such a versatile dish that as long as you've got the sauce. Traditional chow mein sauce isn't vegan because it contains oyster sauce. So to substitute this we are going to use hoisin sauce.