Butternut Squash Soup.
You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 cups of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 of butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small chunks.
- You need 2 of tart green apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks.
- You need 1 of carrot, chopped.
Butternut Squash Soup step by step
- In a large pot, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat until translucent..
- Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds longer..
- Increase heat to high and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until squash is tender (25 min)..
- Use an immersion blender and puree soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer soup in small batches to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth (allow soup to cool slightly prior to adding to blender)..