Mandys steak and mushroom pie. Rich, meaty steak and mushroom stew topped with golden, flaky pastry. The filling for this steak and mushroom pot pie is intensely meaty and rich with the steak being the hero. The mushrooms add lovely depth and earthiness and you get a hint of fresh thyme, rosemary and garlic with every bite.
Full of tender flank steak and perfectly browned mushrooms, you've never experience anything quite like. A really rich steak and mushroom pie, with red wine, enclosed in a buttery shortcrust pastry. What could possibly be better for a home cooked dinner. You can cook Mandys steak and mushroom pie using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mandys steak and mushroom pie
- Prepare of Pie crust:.
- It’s 200 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of herb de provence.
- It’s 120 grams of cold cubed butter.
- You need of enough cold water to make the pie crust.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare of enough flour for dusting.
- Prepare of Pie filling:.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 lb of cubed steak pieces.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 large of peeled and sliced carrots.
- Prepare 1 large of red onion sliced.
- You need 100 grams of mushroom.
- Prepare 50 grams of frozen peas.
- Prepare 2 of beef stock cubes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of herb de provence.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of dried bay leaf.
- Prepare of salt n pepper.
- You need 500 ml of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cold water.
You can certainly make a smaller batch just by cutting down on ingredients. When you seal the meat in the pan, make sure to get it nice and brown in places as this will add plenty of flavour to the finished pie. See more ideas about Pot pie, Steak and mushrooms, Recipes. Our Steak and Mushroom Pie uses filo pastry which gives it a nice crunchy lid without all of the extra calories.
Mandys steak and mushroom pie instructions
- Brown cubed steak until totally sealed in 2 tablespoons of oil, drain once browned.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and saute all the chopped veg for 2-3 minutes next add bay leaf, stock cubes and dried seasonings and mix well add beef back into the veg mix, cover with water and bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour.
- For the pie crust put flour into a mixing bowl add butter and rub in the butter until the flour mix looks like sand,add herbs and enough water to bring it to a dough, cover and put in fridge while beef cooks..
- After one hour of cooking add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with a little water about 1 tablespoon into boiling beef mixture.
- On a clean work surface dust with flour and roll pastry to the size of the pie dish (10*10).
- Place beef mixture into pie dish and top with pastry, brush with beaten egg and cover with foil, place in a pre heated oven 180℃/350℉ cook for 40 minutes, then remove cover and bake for a further 10 minutes. After all Ur hard work now u get to enjoy it.
If you'd prefer, then you can also replace the filo with mashed potatoes or even mashed carrots and swede – just remember to adjust the calories and Points etc accordingly! A simple Steak and mushroom pie recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. How to make steak, kidney, ale and mushroom pie. Decorate the centre of the pie with pastry leaves. Mix the egg yolk with a little water and brush over the pastry.