Sausage Casserole, for 2. The Hairy Bikers' sausage casserole is like a big hug on a cold winter's day! Warming and filling, it's the ultimate comfort food. The Hairy Bikers' take on sausage casserole makes a wonderfully warming and filling dish, and it freezes brilliantly.
You can use your favourite type of sausages to make this family-friendly slow-cooker casserole. Serve it over pasta, in baked potatoes or with bread. Add sausage, celery, water chestnuts and pimento; mix well. You can have Sausage Casserole, for 2 using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage Casserole, for 2
- You need 4 of Pork sausages.
- You need 2 of Rashers unsmoked bacon.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder or smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of beans, any type, or mixed in water.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcester sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of each of dried thyme, rosemary and sage.
- It’s 100 ml of wine, red or white.
- You need 1 cob of crusty bread.
- It’s 1/2 head of Cabbage, any type.
Today i'm going to show you how to make my Sausage & Bean Casserole. All cooked in one pot to save on the washing up and can be made ahead too! This easy sausage casserole is seriously tasty! Find more one-pot recipes for hearty comfort food & plenty of delicious dinner ideas at Tesco Real Food.
Sausage Casserole, for 2 instructions
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick pan or deep-sided frying pan and fry the sausages gently for 10 minutes, turning every now and then until nicely browned all over. Add the bacon pieces and fry until they begin to brown and crisp..
- Add the onions to the pan and fry over a medium heat until they start to soften, stirring often. Add the garlic and cook for 2–3 minutes more until the onions turn pale golden-brown, stirring frequently..
- Sprinkle over the chilli powder or smoked paprika and cook together for a few seconds longer. Stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock, tomato purée, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and herbs. Pour over the wine, or some water if you’re not using wine, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat, cover the pan loosely with a lid and leave to simmer very gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir the beans into the casserole, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick. Meanwhile, steam the cabbage..
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Melt some butter over the cabbage and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve together..
Heat the oil in a shallow casserole, then add the onion and sausages. In our home, this sausage and egg breakfast casserole is one of our favorites. It's such an easy make-ahead meal to prep the night before and put in the oven These are both optional, yet super delicious. Using French bread makes the casserole really fluffy and yummy. I love how easy this process is!