Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Sauce.
You can cook Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Sauce using 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Sauce
- Prepare 500 grams of Ground meat (beef and pork mix).
- It’s 10 of leaves Cabbage leaves.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of each Salt, pepper, nutmeg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Panko.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lard.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 10 of Boiled quail eggs.
- It’s of For the tomato sauce:.
- You need 1 can of Canned whole tomatoes.
- It’s 400 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Soup stock cube.
- It’s 2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 tsp of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Red wine.
- It’s 3 of Bay leaves.
Cabbage Rolls Simmered in Tomato Sauce instructions
- Cut out the cabbage core, and carefully peel off the leaves one at a time..
- Put the leaves in boiling water for 1 minute to wilt them..
- Shave off the protruding edge of the stalks..
- The removed cabbage leaf cores are used, too. Chop them up finely and gently squeeze out the excess moisture..
- Roughly mince the onion..
- Put the ground meat, chopped cabbage leaf cores, onion, egg, lard, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl and mix well..
- Put the meat mixture in a shallow tray and divide into 10 equal portions..
- Wrap each hard boiled quail eggs with a portion of the meat mixture. Seefor an easy way to boil the eggs. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/148950-how-to-boil-easy-peel-quail-eggs.
- Wrap the filling neatly in the cabbage leaves..
- Make sure to wrap them tightly. Secure the leaves with toothpicks..
- Prepare the tomato sauce: Open the canned tomato into a bowl. Crush the tomatoes with your hands, and strain through a sieve. Add the other sauce ingredients..
- Crush the garlic cloves with the side of a knife..
- Put the cabbage rolls in the pan in a single layer, add the sauce and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, put the cabbage rolls on serving plates, take the garlic and bay leaves out of the pan, and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes over high heat to reduce it. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste..
- Spoon the tomato sauce over the cabbage rolls and serve!.
- The cabbage rolls are also delicious simmered in a clear soup! For that version see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/156639-superb-cabbage-rolls-simmered-in-consomme.
- For a method to easily boil quail eggs, see. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/148950-how-to-boil-easy-peel-quail-eggs.