Roasted Veggies & Garlic For Pasta (rustic sauce).
You can have Roasted Veggies & Garlic For Pasta (rustic sauce) using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Veggies & Garlic For Pasta (rustic sauce)
- Prepare of 16oz Rigitoni Pasta.
- Prepare of Sweet Italian Sausage.
- It’s of Roasted Head of Garlic.
- You need of Fresh Basil Leaves – minced.
- Prepare of Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano.
- You need of Fresh Tomatoes – peeled, seeded and chopped.
- You need of Sliced Fresh Mushrooms.
- It’s of Stalks Celery – chopped.
- It’s of Onion – chopped.
- Prepare of Summer Squash – chopped (like zucchini, crook neck & patty pan).
- Prepare of Green, Red, Yellow & Orange Bell Peppers – chopped.
- Prepare of Sugar (combats tomato acidity).
- Prepare of Fresh Grated Parmasean Cheese.
- It’s of Each Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).
Roasted Veggies & Garlic For Pasta (rustic sauce) step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine fresh tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, squash & onion in a large bowl. Add EVOO and toss to coat. Spread evenly over 2 cookie sheets. Sprinkle with the salt & pepper. Roast for 20 – 30 minites until done. Set aside..
- While veggies are roasting, remove casings from sausage and brown in a pot, breaking up pieces into bite size chunks..
- Add roasted garlic, basil, sugar & the canned tomatoes..
- Mix in roasted veggies and simmer for 1 hour..
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Top pasta with veggie mixture and a sprinkling of cheese..